Accentra won't ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fenderblue

Jan 23, 2019
Missouri
I have had this stove for 14 years. I have always run it in auto with a extended wire for the sensor, 10 ft away from stove. I always use the temp knob to adjust the temperature in the house. Now it won't ignite and if you get it started manually it will shut itself off. If I switch to stove temp it will ignite and warm the room but it was 84 degrees when I got home. Does the temp knob control the temp when in the stove mode? Doesn't really help to turn it down. I don't know what will happen if I just switch it to manaul. In what modes does the feed rate apply to? Manual auto or both. I have a problem trying to understand the manual. Acts like the control is acting up.

My gosh. I haven't used anything but auto/room temp mode. I guess my questions are.
1. Is the temperature knob used in both the auto and the manual modes?
2. Is the feed adjuster used in both and the manual modes?
In the past 14 years I have replaced two feed motors, one igniter and one control board w/30 tons of pellets.

Problem solved. Yes I did read the sticky. 1. The two bolts, 5/16'' I believe, had loosened which holds the collar that the auger is supported at the drive in. This allowed the the eccentric arm not to move some times. The arm is the one that contacts the little bearing on the feed auger sprocket. 2. Gate would not move because of fines build up. Works great now.

Reactions: Washed-Up