Adapt 8" DVP to 8" Duravent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rjman36

Nov 22, 2018
Is there an adapter for

Hearth and Home Technologies 8" DVP Series Direct Vent Pipe to a Simpson Duravent 8" Pipe. Top Vent. I'm thinking about upgrading from my Heatilator to another brand. I hate to just throw away 25 feet of vertical pipe. I've talked to salespeople who say you can and some who say you can't. At this point I'm confused...the pipe is nearly identical...

There was an adapter that was used to connect Duravent GS to older HnG & Heatilator models, around 2002 - 03,
But when HnG decided to market their own brand of venting, that adapter was obsolete...
I believe it was for the 8" OD 5" ID venting, but I doubt it's even manufactured anymore...

Reactions: Rjman36
Is there an adapter for

Hearth and Home Technologies 8" DVP Series Direct Vent Pipe to a Simpson Duravent 8" Pipe. Top Vent. I'm thinking about upgrading from my Heatilator to another brand. I hate to just throw away 25 feet of vertical pipe. I've talked to salespeople who say you can and some who say you can't. At this point I'm confused...the pipe is nearly identical...
I doubt if any of the new stoves or gas fireplaces use an 8in pipe anymore. just a thought!

This is a woodburner right? I had such a fireplace and had that piping it was quite expensive. I took it out it was sucking more heat out of the house than it was generating. A new woodburning inserert might use that simpson pipe and hook right into it probably will need the adapter to fit between the new insert and your simpson piping!