Adding a loop. Central boiler 6048

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamant118

Oct 12, 2014
pa
I need to add another loop to my Central Boiler 6048. I need to drain some water .. I never did this. Some say to just undo the plug and hurry to thread a valve on and some say to completely drain the unit..

What's the proper way? I hate to drain and waste the treated water. .

Could you disconnect an exciting line and let it drain down from there? Then you could catch most if not all the water.

My brother had to repair his OWB several times, he used a couple 50 gallon blue plastic barrels to drain into. Then he just pumps it back in when he's done. He just used a 3/4 horse pond pump, but if you have ball valves on the boiler, just flip your pump around and pump it back in, (make sure it primes though).

Status
Not open for further replies.