adding glass to door of harman furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dookits13

Dec 6, 2007
NE Ohio
hi all , i have a harman wood/coal furnace and have been trying to get this thing dialed in!! tired of getting up every morning to start a new fire .... so tired.... so i've been doing a lot of reading on this site and others for solutions . added a baro. damper, still tweaking that but it has made a difference . and am always adjusting the draft controls to get the most out of it!!! also read some where about adding firebricks on top of grates ... now in morning i actually have a bed of coals to work with..... anyways to my main reason for the post .... to be able to see the fire is the best way to determine how the stove is operating, i do have a temp. gauge on it to monitor what is going on but seeing is believing!! my warranty has expired ... so is it possible or a good idea to some how cut a window in the loading door??? get some high temp stove glass , gasket, fab some clamps and watch it burn !! i know this is getting long but really looking for some knowledge on how to get the most out of this unit..... anyone have any experience running this furnace ... secondary burn dials? any info or ideas .... greatly appreciated thanks in advance !

welcome to the wonderful world of Harman! did you call them so they could tell you that, " we build them, we don't tune them or install them" ? if harman would make a sightglass that screwed in place of the draft dials on the loading door, it would be a million seller!

feeling your pain with my sf-160 woodsucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.