Advice on install for pellet stove near baseboard heat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

photogame

Dec 2, 2008
northern ct
Hi everyone,

I am in need of some advice for my install to the new house for my Harmon xxv. Moved to the new house in the middle of the snow storm on Feb. 8th here in CT. Yes, it was crazy spending that first night here in the middle of a blizzard. So this past Saturday the pellet stove got move here from the old house, used it there for the past 6 winters. The new location for the stove that we would like to use is the one seen in the photos. This year-round sunroom is a bit chilly with just the baseboard heat and costing me a bit to heat it I bet.

The problem, compared to old house install, I can not just put a pipe straight out the back thru the wall and up. So, my idea, 'T' out of the back of stove , up 12", 90 degree turn out thru the wall , 'T' outside, then up 3-4 feet. So am I doing to many T connections? Find another location, not as desireable?
My other idea was to build a platform for the stove out of pavers to raise the height of the output pipe and make a straight shot out the wall in the back. Pain to ever move the stove for cleaning or something else. At least if its on the tile floor I can slide it myself.

Ok, well I will stop talking and see what kind of ideas I can get. Thankyou in advance for letting my know what you think and reading this. Oh, board under stove is just so I can move it on my own until i get it in place.

take care, david IMG_2540.JPGIMG_2541.JPG

You're EVL will be at least 19 with that set-up....too much for 3" pipe. 4" is called for there.

IMO, do the raised platform idea and go straight out and up.......or find another location.

I had the same problem and built the hearthpad high enough so the exh system cleared the baseboard heat. I went with a 45 then straight through the wall . In the last 7 years I had one problem with smoke in the house. That was caused by human error. (my fault). If you are going to use 4 inch outside I would spend a little more and use 4 inch through the wall as well. More area in pipe so it won't plug as often.
One other suggestion is to make the hearthpad big enough so you can stand on it to add pellets. This is also handy as you can pull the stove out and then be able to get at the back easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.