AE acting up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kappel15

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2014
Iowa
My AE has been acting up. It would show low battery icon, and go to sshigh, even tho I didn't have a battery hooked up to it. The wall screen would show a list of error codes. After all this it would go back to manual high. But I couldn't get up to temp. Luckily I have an older 330C control board I installed this afternoon around 3. Been running fine ever since. Pays to have spare parts. kap

Reactions: Former Farmer
Yes, spare parts are nice. It is a lot easier to troubleshoot when you have parts to try on-hand versus hoping that this or that part will take care of the problem.

Reactions: kappel15
My AE has been acting up. It would show low battery icon, and go to sshigh, even tho I didn't have a battery hooked up to it. The wall screen would show a list of error codes. After all this it would go back to manual high. But I couldn't get up to temp. Luckily I have an older 330C control board I installed this afternoon around 3. Been running fine ever since. Pays to have spare parts. kap
I remember that handle (kap 15) from iburncorn days

Reactions: kappel15
Hey stranger. Long time no hear