Afton bay noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
I think my room air motor may be on it's way out. I can hear a slight growl from it so i removed it and found no lube ports. I lubed up what i could and reinstalled it and it was quiet for a day or so but now i hear the growl once again.... I think there may be bearings also that hold the squirrel cages in place maybe a bearing>??. dam always something.

My room fan got noisy a few days ago... I was headed on a road trip so I got out a can of WD40 and gave it a couple shots to the ends of the motor where it meets the fans... still quiet three days later... I DO need to take it out and clean/lube it.

We maybe able to source a aftermarket blower if you could post some numbers and a picture or 2. Maybe a motor if the blower is a tough one.

New blower from OEM = $160 plus

Aftermarket is about half or motor slightly less.

j-takeman said:
We maybe able to source a aftermarket blower if you could post some numbers and a picture or 2. Maybe a motor if the blower is a tough one.

New blower from OEM = $160 plus

Aftermarket is about half or motor slightly less.

I got a quote from one of our fine memebers here and he said 105.00 retail..... i will take it apart again in the am. Oh and by the way i know why it's making the noise, with all the snow we have had the intake sucked up some snow and this maybe the issue.

woodsman23 said:
Ther is no lube hole all are oil less. I will try and respray once again...

Yep... but I usually get a little oil squirted towards those oil less bearings if I can...

Thats the same blower in my Omega. I found the mottor replacement but it has a 1/4 inch shaft. So I would need to order adapter bushings to make it work. I can pass on the part number if you need it to repare the old blower for a spare?

j-takeman said:
Thats the same blower in my Omega. I found the mottor replacement but it has a 1/4 inch shaft. So I would need to order adapter bushings to make it work. I can pass on the part number if you need it to repare the old blower for a spare?

Yes J that sounds good please do so. I was just going to order the motor but for 30 bucks mor i get the entire unit ready to install.

woodsman23 said:
j-takeman said:

Yes J that sounds good please do so. I was just going to order the motor but for 30 bucks mor i get the entire unit ready to install.

Here is one choice for the motor

or here

You will also need 2 of these

woodsman23 said:
Thanks for the info but that motor looks nothing like mine. Mine is a square type motor

Ahhh, You have the c-frame motor housing. If the bracket comes off, These should still work. Hard to explain, But you remove the impellet and the housings. The motor has 4 studs just like these. The 2 I listed will make a bit more noise though. I haven't found a c-frame replacement yet!

Once you remove the impeller and housing, You will see what I mean. If it doesn't look good, Snap a few pictures once you get the blower apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.