Agitator not turning on USSC 6041

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RichB

Oct 28, 2017
Stroudsburg pa
I have a USSC 6041 the agitator in the burn pot only spins when the shutdown is started and doesn't spin in intervals like it should during normal operations. I've had the stove for about 5 years now and recently had to replace the pressure sensor in order to get my auger to work and after that was done the agitator stopped working. I keep up with all the maintenance and cleanings and tried looking it up but I can't seem to find this kind of problem anywhere with this particular stove. I'm all out of ideas here and winter is around the corner. I'm hoping that it isn't the circuit board as that is pricey to replace.

Thanks
Rich

1st thing to try - unplug the control for a few minutes to reset it.

Reactions: FirepotPete
My agitator stopped today - the first day my stove has been used. It's been in for less than 2 weeks - multiple problems - USSC has sent replacement latch, handle, and door. It wouldn't close, and so could not be lit. Today it closed and I was able to light it and it ran for 6 hours. Agitator stopped, bridging and overfilling - finally went out. Hope someone can help. This is the 3rd stove - first USSC - I've had over the past 30 years, and by far the worst experience.

Welcome. The term is auger, it is like a big screw.

Bumping this old thread. I am having the same problem with my USSC 6041 as the OP. Is there a known resolution to this problem? Unplugging it did not work.

“The agitator in the burn pot only spins when the shutdown is started and doesn't spin in intervals like it should during normal operations.”

Thanks!!

The agitator in the burn pot only spins when the shutdown is started and doesn't spin in intervals like it should during normal operations.”
The control board is the only thing that "controls" the agitator. So you should concentrate on the board and programing. That said check that the wires are firmly connected on the agitator motor and the control board wiggle brown wire at board. Have you tried to run agitator by setting the Aux range, Push Aux Down Set the number at same as the heat range if it runs. If none of these idea's help it will most likely be a back control board, you can install a new control board or buy a simple on/off timer and wire it into the agitator motor.

Try reset with board: might have to try a few time as the buttons have to be pushed at exactly same time.
Factory Defaults
To return the control to its original factory default settings, press and hold the AUX UP and AUX DOWN buttons together for three
seconds.

Then run the board test pay attention to number 3.

6041 4 Digit Test
To run this test the UNIT MUST BE COOLED OFF. Power up the unit by plugging in the power
supply cord to the back of the unit. Press the on button and the circuit board then press and hold
the Off and Auger Delay buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. To advance through the test press
the on key. If the Heat Range Light is on during every test check Hopper Switch Wires.
1. Exhaust Fan Output Test- The display will show “drift”. The exhaust fan is turned on full then
reduced to a level just above the typical minimum pressure switch setting. The ON LED indicates
whether the pressure sensor is detected. If the pressure switch is not detected, the fan ramps to full
on for two seconds then returns to the previously established level if the pressure switch closes. If
the Draft Fan Fuse is not blown and the fuse detection circuit is functioning, the Draft Fan LED will
be lit and the other three top row LEDs will be off.
2. Room Fan Output Test – The display will show “rfan”. The room fan is turned on full. If the Room
Fan Fuse is not blown and the fuse detection circuit is functioning, the Room Fan LED will be lit and
the other three top row LEDs will be off.
3. Agitator Output Test- The agitator is turned on full. During this test, the display shows “Agit” and
if a load is present, the Aux LED will be on if the fuse is good and if the output is detected.
4. Auger Output Test – The display will show “augr”. The auger motor is turned on full. If the auger
fuse is not blown and the fuse detection circuit is functioning, the Heat Range LED will be lit and the
other three top row LEDs will be off.
5. Igniter Output Test – The display will show “ignt”. The igniter motor is turned on full. If the
Igniter (AUX) Fuse is not blown and the fuse detection circuit is functioning, the AUX LED will lit
and the other three top row LEDs will be off.
6. Low Limit Switch Test- If the stove is warm ( Above 110
7. Thermostat Input Test – The display will show “stat”. If the thermostat input is closed, the ON
LED light will be on, otherwise it will be off.
8. Hopper Switch Test – The display will show “hppr”. If the hopper switch is open (lid is open), the
ON LED will turn on otherwise, it will be off. If the hopper switch is wired in series with the auger,
this test is not valid, and the validation of the hopper switch should be done in the previous Auger
Output test.
7. Flue gas Thermistor Test – The display will show the fluegas temperature in degrees F. This
should read 54° F
8. AC Frequency Test - Displays the measured AC frequency in hertz followed by the letter “H”.
This should read 59, 60, or 61H
9. Watchdog Reset – The Watchdog timer is tested to ensure that the board can be reset. The
message “BYE” will be displayed until the Watchdog resets board.

Then check the C codes, pay attention to C4 C5 and C15 C4 should read 25 and C5 should read 50

ADJUSTING OPERATIONAL CONSTANTS
TO ADJUST THE OPERATION CONSTANTS, PRESS & HOLD THE “MODE” AND “AUGER DELAY”
BUTTONS SIMUTANEOUSLY FOR 3 SECONDS. THE DISPLAY WILL SHOW “C-1”. USE THE HEAT
RANGE UP OR HEAT RANGE DOWN BUTTONS TO CHANGE THE CONSTANT NUMBER (SEE THE
LIST OF VALUES BELOW). WHEN THE DESIRED CONSTANT IS DISPLAYED, PRESS THE “ON”
BUTTON UP, TOGGLING BETWEEN VIEWING AND EDITING THE VALUE. WHILE EDITING A
PARAMETER, USE THE “AUX UP” AND THE “AUX DOWN” BUTTONS TO ADJUST THE VALUE TO
THE DESIRED POINT. THEN PRESS “ON” AGAIN TO RETURN TO THE CONSTANT NUMBER LIST.
PRESS THE “OFF’ BUTTON TO EXIT THE ADJUST OPERATIONAL CONSTANTS MODE.

 C-1- RESET TO DEFAULTS (HOLD “MODE” AND “AUGER DELAY” BUTTONS FOR 3 SECONDS
TO RESET ALL TO DEFAULTS.
 C-4- AGITATOR ON PERCENTAGE HR MIN (0-50) - THIS IS THE PERCENT ON TIME FOR
THE AGITATOR, FOR A SETTING OF 1. THE DEFAULT IS 25%.
 C-5- AGITATOR ON PERCENTAGE HR MAX (0-50) - THIS IS THE PERCENT ON TIME FOR
THE AGITATOR FOR A SETTING OF 9. THE DEFAULT IS 50%. THE PERCENT ON TIME FOR
THE AGITATOR USED BETWEEN SETTINGS 1 AND 9 ARE LINEARLY INTERPOLATED
BETWEEN THESE TWO SETTINGS.
 C-15- PELLET AGITATOR PERCENTAGE ADJUSTMENT- (50-150) THIS PARAMETER
CONTROLS THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE AGITATOR DUTY CYCLE WHEN IN PELLET MODE.
IF SET TO 100, THE AGITATOR WILL IN THE SAME DUTY CYCLE IN PELLET AND CORN
MODES. IF SET TO 50 (THE DEFAULT), THE AGITATOR WILL RUN AT 50% OF THE CORN
RATE WHEN IN PELLET MODE. IF SET TO 150, THE AGITATOR WILL RUN AT 150% OF
THE CORN RATE.

Attachments

• usstove tech manual 6041 American Harvest Multi Fuel 4 Digit Board.pdf
    696.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: