air blowing around a part of exaust blower on enviro ef3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stinger68

Hearth Supporter
Nov 30, 2008
cape breton N.S Canada
Hi guys i put my exaust blower fan back on my enviro ef3 pellet stove after i cleaned it.I had the side off again tonight and put my hand by the side of the fan towards the back of the stove and i can feel warm air blowing from a spot around where i pu the fan back in.It has 6 sheet metal screws holding it in place.Ok is this normal for air to be blowing from there? Do i have the blower in wrong? it mounted back in those holes???

I know nothing about that stove, but was there a gasket that you took off as well?

Gaskets are funny when it comes to reusing one, they frequently will no longer provide a good seal.

yes there was a casket i looks fine but i have a new 1 i guess i will put it on in the morning.Still not sure if a complete air tight seal is there around the stove exaust blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.