Airens 22 ton oil change

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

irishfan

Oct 9, 2014
Southern Michigan
Hi...I'm getting ready to do my 20 hr oil change on my airens 22 ton with a Subaru engine. When reading the manual it didn't saw what type of oil to use or if it had a oil filter on it. Could someone help me out? Thanks

The manual will show a chart of engine oil viscosities. SAE 30 is most common in small engines but if in colder temps, SAE 10W30 is called for. Any automotive detergent brand is fine. They are rated API SN these days. Engines 4-10 hp rarely have an oil filter. They use splash lube.

A lot of these newer small engines run 5w-30. Probably no oil filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

google the model number for the engine and search for the manual. i think mine calls for 10w-30 but its about 3 yrs old. ariens puts. a separate manual for the engine when you get the manual for the splitter.