Airtight wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Buckkillr

Sep 6, 2021
Ohio
I'm looking to buy a used stove. The model I'm looking at is a FA224 CML so my question is, is it a catylist stove? I seen the fa224ccl is but I cannot find any info on the 224CML

Screenshot_20210906-081546.png Screenshot_20210906-083537.png Screenshot_20210906-075956.png

I found a listing for the 224CCML, but not for the CML. According to Woodman's The 224CCML:

Manufactured from 1984-1986. This model has one slider grate with a right side vertical shaker rod. This stove has a catalyst, a boot plate, a simple bypass system, and no tertiary air.

The 224 series started around 1982. The stove pictured does not appear to have the catalyst. I don't see any center plate on the top in the picture. You might try calling Woodman's tomorrow to see what they know.

Last edited:
I found a listing for the 224CCML, but not for the CML. According to Woodman's The 224CCML:

Manufactured from 1984-1986. This model has one slider grate with a right side vertical shaker rod. This stove has a catalyst, a boot plate, a simple bypass system, and no tertiary air.

Are you able to see this in person? It may be a coal unit. I don't see any center plate on the top in the picture. You might try calling Woodman's tomorrow to see what they know.
Im able to see it if I drive 2 hrs. Kinda thing, Didn't want to but may have too

Here's another picture I got if it helps to determine what it is. They also said there is a removable plate on top, I thought I could see something in the picture but couldn't really tell

Screenshot_20210906-132640.png

The photo was too blurry to see if there was a plate on top. If it is lifted off, is there a catalyst underneath? Did they send a picture of the complete label on the back of the stove?

The photo was too blurry to see if there was a plate on top. If it is lifted off, is there a catalyst underneath? Did they send a picture of the complete label on the back of the stove?
Those were the only pictures, I'll ask a few more questions to them and see what I get

The label may have the date of manufacture on it, which could help Woodman's with the ID.

Says tested 1982 which may help Woodsman pin down the model.

Didn't all of them with a cat have a temp gauge in that removable plate? There is none here...

Well I called a few dealers including woodsman and they wouldn't really talk to me, said mostly liability reasons sheeesh! Woodsman told me to call Lowe's or home Depot and ask them LoL