all of you pc-45 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of soot in the exhaust would be an understatement....THEY won't budge on the venting,say its according to their experts,
the same way they would have run the exhaust. I think I am going to have someone else make some minor changes for me.
I can't budge that vent outside,but I think its necessary also.At least one of the 45's. The new stove appears to be doing well although the flame isn't like the picture perfect harman flame. I have to try different settings I suppose. Thank you all...
Posted my thanks to all of you in another topic...the giving bad advice one. Without all of your help I probably would still have that piece of crap machine.

rufusmom said:
Plenty of soot in the exhaust would be an understatement....THEY won't budge on the venting,say its according to their experts,
the same way they would have run the exhaust. I think I am going to have someone else make some minor changes for me.
I can't budge that vent outside,but I think its necessary also.At least one of the 45's. The new stove appears to be doing well although the flame isn't like the picture perfect harman flame. I have to try different settings I suppose. Thank you all...
Posted my thanks to all of you in another topic...the giving bad advice one. Without all of your help I probably would still have that piece of crap machine.

Glad it's working out....for now. But I still don't like the exhaust piping. Too long and too many 45's. I know you don't want to spend anymore money and I don't blame you, but, have a reputable installer correct it. I'm telling you. The stove will perform way better and more efficiently.

rufusmom said:
smokey? what is my evl?and your OPINION on my set up?
the dealer SAID he only ran the thing for 20 hrs.Three years old...still had corn in burnpot entry when I saw it ?

From the Harman site: The engine is specifically designed for burning corn. If the customer desires, a different burn pot that is designed for burning pellets can be installed without tools.

Could it be that the dealer did not install the correct burnpot to convert this model for pellets? If it had corn in it, sounds like it was not converted.

SwampCow said:
rufusmom said:
smokey? what is my evl?and your OPINION on my set up?
the dealer SAID he only ran the thing for 20 hrs.Three years old...still had corn in burnpot entry when I saw it ?

From the Harman site: The engine is specifically designed for burning corn. If the customer desires, a different burn pot that is designed for burning pellets can be installed without tools.

Could it be that the dealer did not install the correct burnpot to convert this model for pellets? If it had corn in it, sounds like it was not converted.

The dealer finally did install the pellet pot for the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.