Allegheny wood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason845845

Feeling the Heat
Aug 11, 2014
Kingston, Ny
image.jpg
I've only got one bag of these, but my hopper is almost empty and I'm going to try it out today. A place by me delivers them for $260/ton, so it is likely I will be using them next winter. Anyone ever tried them?

1 bag isn't much of a test, but what did you think? These were going to be my backup if I couldn't get any more Somersets (I called 3 places and they didn't have any left). These Allegheny pellets are also $260 from a local-ish stove dealer however I think I found some Sets (and a little cheaper than 260).

alleghaney are great.great heat and average ash .40,they were $265 a ton with free delivery last year but i hear they are going to $300 a ton with free delivery this year.for $10 more a ton i will get barefoots or cubex

New ownership at NEWP's needs to recoup their investment costs. For the money they want, you are right that better pellets can be had for that price.

alleghaney are great.great heat and average ash .40,they were $265 a ton with free delivery last year but i hear they are going to $300 a ton with free delivery this year.for $10 more a ton i will get barefoots or cubex

They were $260 here but I could get Somersets for $250. Are they better than Sets? Menards had Sets even cheaper last year but I went with the convenience of the hardware store that was in my same town and 5 miles away (Menards, 30+ miles each way).

Status
Not open for further replies.