Alternative to bag pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dmathieu said:
Is there an alternative to buying pellets by the bag? Can you get them delivered in loose form and stored in a huge bin or something?

Thanks
Dave

Yes, you can buy them in bulk. NEWP sells them in bulk (although I don't know if you have to call them direct or go through one of their dealers), and PelletSales.com is taking names of people that are interested in bulk. There are others, just don't remember them offhand.

I have read about some places that also offer 1 ton bags (that's all 2,000 lbs in a single bag).

Anton Smirnov said:
codebum said:
I have read about some places that also offer 1 ton bags (that's all 2,000 lbs in a single bag).

yeah, but carrying those up the stairs is a b**ch

:)

I hear that!

I have never seen one of those bags other than a picture on the internet. Can you imagine filling one of those up with trash and sitting it out for the garbage collectors?

codebum said:
Anton Smirnov said:
codebum said:

yeah, but carrying those up the stairs is a b**ch

:)

I hear that!

I have never seen one of those bags other than a picture on the internet. Can you imagine filling one of those up with trash and sitting it out for the garbage collectors?

Actually, I've seen contractors do that - they put construction refuse in there & plop it down on the end of the yard, just like regular trash. first time I saw that, I did a double take

Status
Not open for further replies.