Am I the only one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbleguy

Nov 11, 2009
North Central, CT
I am on my second season of burning pellets from "The Wood Pellet Co.". Am I the only one on the forums that is burning these hardwood pellets? They are a division of C & C Lumber Company in Summerville PA. Not having burned any other brand, I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them. I just picked up 4 bags of Okies to try over the weekend after reading how well the rest of you like them. Only have the Wood Pellet Co. one to compare against.

A bit far away for some of us. ;-)

MarbleGuy:
Second season for burning Harman PF100 Furnace. Last season got the pellets that you mention.
The mill is only about 60 miles north of me. I paid 235.00 last year for 6 ton, and had to get two
more ton to finish the season and paid 250.00 for the same pellets. The only complaint that I have
is that a couple of ton had most of the pellets from 2 3/4 to 3 inch long. I had to literally step all
over the bags to break up the pellets, one side then the other. Glad that nobody saw me doing this.
This year I got Green Gold Premiium Plus made by Green Team and noted as Very Low Ash (sorry,
but I have to clean my burn pot twice a day) but that could only be my furnace, low fines and sodium,
will give them 100% on the fines, not even a thimble full in a bag and I have burnt a few bags so far
this season; and as far as the sodium? Who knows, I don't!! Very hot burning....Will give them
100% on that, comparing to the pellets from last season. But, at 195.00 a ton (no tax in Pa) I will
clean the pot twice a day, beer miester is by the furance.
Good burning to everyone this season, and don't look for problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.