American harvest 6033

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brian3127

Jan 24, 2019
Michigan
I got an american harvest 6033 on trade. This is my first pellet stove I have owned so I dont really know how they operate.

I found a manual on the internet, but I still have question on how it's supposed to run.

When I plug in the unit the room fan comes on. Is this correct. This is without a fire going just plugged in.

The original owner said that's how it ran when he had it. I'm thinking it's not right that maybe a sensor isnt working properly .
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I'm thinking how a furnace works is the room fan doesnt run until the furnace is up to temp. So maybe pellet stoves when plugged in the room fan runs until the unit is unplugged.

On My Harmon when you plug it in the Combustion Fan and Distribution fan both start and then shutdown until you start the fire then Combustion fan and then Distribution fan. It's done as test for the unit I guess. There is also test mode which works the fans and auger. It's to put pellets in the basket. ie prime the pump. I just throw couple handfull in and tell it to start. (turn up temp).