American Harvest 6039, blower will not kick on Err3 code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Alibri

Dec 20, 2017
Michigan
Hi everyone, we just bought a used American harvest 6039 pellet stove, got it hooked up and started it up 3 times and the flame and auger feed seems fine, but it's shutting itself off after about 20 minutes and gave an error 3 code once, any ideas what might be going on? Thanks in advance

Sounds like whatever senses the stove is up to temp is not working. Defective/dirty/loose snap switch or wiring, or bad thermocouple, if you have one. If the control doesn't sense that the stove has fire, it shuts down.

Hi and welcome to the forums Alibri here is the manual for your stove. https://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/175057.pdf
Pg 23 has your error codes.

The flame busy and bright or dark and lazy? Your pof (low limit)snap disc may not have a good connection or failed. follow the brown wire and check connections. If you take the 2 wires off that switch and connect them with a paperclip (be careful doing this that wire carries line voltage, don't let them touch the stove either). unplug stove first.make your connections then try the stove. If it works then your disc is either dirty or needs replacing..

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forums Alibri here is the manual for your stove. https://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/175057.pdf
Pg 23 has your error codes.

The flame busy and bright or dark and lazy? Your pof (low limit)snap disc may not have a good connection or failed. follow the brown wire and check connections. If you take the 2 wires off that switch and connect them with a paperclip (be careful doing this that wire carries line voltage, don't let them touch the stove either). unplug stove first.make your connections then try the stove. If it works then your disc is either dirty or needs replacing..

All good advice. Also if the OP can wait by the stove while in the startup mode, when you hear the stove going into shutdown you can push the ON button again and the sequence will start all over. If the stove then resumes and the blower starts then it's a timing issue with not enough time set in the board to reach operating temp. But, my bet is on the LOW limit switch.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone, we finally found a loose wire, so turned out to be an easy fix. I just want to say I'm so happy I found the site, it's awesome, I like how everyone gives advice and ideas to solve problems with the stoves

:) Stay warm