American Harvest 6100 ducted in...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks for that. Got it printed out.
One last question - I reset everything back to factory defaults, as I wasn't sure how the previous owner had it set up. I'll tweak it myself.
Do you know how to get from corn mode to pellet mode? Not in the manual.
I can’t remember off the top of my head, but I know that that is dressed in the YouTube videos I mentioned

Here is a thread I had where I outlined some of my settings.

Reactions: Clamit
Here is how mine changes from corn to pellets.

To change, press and hold the heat range up and
down buttons simultaneously for approximately 2-3 seconds. The display
will change from “Cr” to “Pr”.

Got an error 3 last night. -5 outside 30 below windchill. Shut it down. Cleaned it. Ran programming test sequence. Everything good. Finally got it into pellet mode (buttons are touchy, contacts wearing out?) Went with a little less damper - a little less than halfway. 2 hours in, so far so good.

Got an error 3 last night. -5 outside 30 below windchill. Shut it down. Cleaned it. Ran programming test sequence. Everything good. Finally got it into pellet mode (buttons are touchy, contacts wearing out?) Went with a little less damper - a little less than halfway. 2 hours in, so far so good.

Sounds like it wasn't making enough heat to register. Did the fire go out? Glad you got it going again.

I only have my dampener pulled out about 1.5"

Sounds like it wasn't making enough heat to register. Did the fire go out? Glad you got it going again.

I only have my dampener pulled out about 1.5"
Yeah fire was still going, although not much of a flame. I'm hoping that finally getting it into pellet mode will help things. As you said, it's all about how the thing is set up. Factory settings are crap.

My damper is somewhat different than yours I think. It slides back and forth left to right.

20221222_111948.jpg

Factory settings can be messed up. That is why I asked what your PPH low and high feed rates were. Yours didn't sound to far off. My factory settings are stupid high....something like 5 and 13. At that low is extremely hot and anything above that overflows the burn pot no matter how my draft there was.

I attached a copy of your stoves owners manual. It is different than the tech manual I added before. It talks about how to clean it etc. Makes sure you remove the plates in the pic below to vacuum the ash out of there. I missed that at first and mine never burnt well, After finding them to clean it has done great. I also found that using a leaf blower on the end of the vent pipe to suck all the ash out works great. Not sure if yours has these or not.

1671732716168.png

Attachments

• 6100.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
Here is a pic of my leaf blower setup. Just a plumbing reducer taped to the suction side so it fits inside my 3" vent. When you do it you want to make sure your pellet stove door is open or else the suction can damage your vacuum switch.
1671733060613.png

Reactions: Washed-Up
Here is a pic of my leaf blower setup. Just a plumbing reducer taped to the suction side so it fits inside my 3" vent. When you do it you want to make sure your pellet stove door is open or else the suction can damage your vacuum switch.
View attachment 305882
I know this sounds stupid, but do you have your leaf blower in vacuum mode, or do you blow the ash out...