American harvest 6100 thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

coopc32

Sep 26, 2021
Ohio
I bought a American harvest 6100
I want to hook a thermostat to it I see the terminals for the Tstat I took the jumper off
I’m just wondering if I have to change anything on the control board or what?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Remove the jumper and hook each t'stat wire to each terminal (2 wire millivolt thermostat). When on the thermostat, the 'stat' will control the stove but you still must set the heat range manually. I suggest setting the heat range on high.

Reactions: ARC
Remove the jumper and hook each t'stat wire to each terminal (2 wire millivolt thermostat). When on the thermostat, the 'stat' will control the stove but you still must set the heat range manually. I suggest setting the heat range on high.
So do I run he stove in auto mode or manual?
When I hook the stat up then plug the stove into the wall what steps should I take ?
Thank you

Manual. The T'stat will determine the heat output.

So do I run he stove in auto mode or manual
I would first run it in auto mode the factory presets for each heat range are really good. IE Feed rate to Draft fan ratio for each heat range, In manual mode the Draft fan runs constantly on Highest level and you have to adjust your draft with damper or restricting the Outside Air Kit/Fresh Air Kit. Make sure your thermostat is set high enough to come on, usually 2 degrees above room temperature. Below are both your operators manual and tech manual I would read them both a few times before your first fire. Eventually you will be running the stove usually on heat range 3 or 4 most will not run on 5 without constant monitoring.

From operators manual:
The “Mode” button is used to switch between manual and automatic mode. When in auto mode, the fans, auger, and
agitator will operate at preset intervals unless changed manually using the buttons mentioned above. When in manual
mode, the draft fan (exhuast) will operate at full speed (100%), so the air must be controlled with the damper just below
the viewing door.
First Fire: Adjust the “HEAT RANGE” and “BLOWER SPEED” to a medium setting and allow the
furnace to operate in this manner for approximately three (3) hours (or more if necessary), allowing the
furnace to “cure out” as the paint and oils from the manufacturing process burn off. We recommend that
you open doors and windows in your home during this process.

Attachments

• 6100.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
  • usstove tech manual 6100 American Harvest Multi Fuel Furnace 4 Digit Board.pdf
    676.2 KB · Views: 286
Bit rusty as to which mode. I haven't fooled with mine in at least 5 years far as setting go.

Ok thank you for all the help
Not trying to be annoying or sound dumb I just want to make sure I’m doing it right. When I turn the stove on in auto heat range 1 and bump the thermostat up 5 degrees. Does the stove ramp up right away or does it take awhile? Does it go from 1 right to 4 or does it work it’s way up through the heat ranges? And i think I was told that the heat range number on the board will not visibly change when using a thermostat?
Thanks again

With a USSC unit, you must run a heat range other than HR1 for the t'stat to work. HR1 is low fire. Put it on 3 at least. The remote WILL NOT modulate the fire on HR1.

heat range number on the board will not visibly change when using a thermostat
That is correct as SidecarFlip stated set your stove on HR 3. Stove will burn on that heat range until the thermostat temperature is reached. Stove will then ramp down to Idle mode. The HR 3 display will not change, the dash - between the HR and 3 will be blinking that indicates stove is ramping up or down. Stove will burn on Idle mode until thermostat ask for heat again at which point the stove will ramp up to HR-3 again and the dash will stop blinking. It can take 10-15 minutes to ramp up between heat ranges, IE is you change heat range on your stove from HR-2 to HR-3 don't expect immediate change. Same thing when using the thermostat if you have stove set on HR-3 and it is running in idle mode when the thermostat asks for heat it will take the same 10-15 minutes to ramp back up to HR-3.

Not trying to be annoying or sound dumb
Ask as many questions as you would like that is what this forum is all about.

Last edited: