Another Prescott EXP problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB1

Mar 6, 2011
STILLWATER, NY
Put a new, updated board in the stove ....pressed the on button...4 minutes later fire, no problem.....well...5 minutes later the #3 light on the board starts flashing meaning the "POF" switch tripped the shutdown.
I read the manual, hit the re-start button and off we go again...fire...4 minute burn then off again. The 3rd time I re-set it it was ok and I let it burn for a few hrs on #3.
Tonight I try it again and the same thing....POF trips and the stove goes out. Is the switch bad or could it be the chitty left over bag of pellets I got with the stove...maybe damp, not throwing off enough heat?
The stove is a little over a year old, completely cleaned ...and then some. I think the damper is set right according to the manual and other threads I have read on the sight.

Any prescott owners feel free to yell at me if I am doing something wrong....

thanks for he help

Hello RWB,
Is your POF Switch making good contact with the combustion fan? Since you are eventually reaching the POF I would not think that it would be the switch itself or the new control board, please check this

Good call....I will pull it off tonite and make sure its getting good contact.

the controller has a pretty firm snap connector...but hey, I will re-connect it and see what happens.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.