Another problem with the mt Vernon.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clintdeck

Dec 4, 2020
Colorado
Hello again
I have an older my Vernon stove (not the ae)
I had a power surge again but this time I thought I was prepared. I bought an ice surge protector and thought that would do the trick. After the power surged I flipped it back on after a couple hours and I didn’t have power. I pulled the fuse and replaced it. For some reason my manual says it’s a .5 amp fuse. I found one and put it in. The stove turned on but wouldn’t turn the auger and it blew the fuse again. After doing some research I found it needed to be a seven amp fuse. I replaced and it ran great for the entire day. After eight hours it blew the fuse again. I replaced it but I have no power to the unit now. I tried jumping the snap disk #3 and it didn’t do anything. Grabbed a multimeter. I have power on both sides of the fuse holder and the continuity on the new fuse is fine. The wires look to go from the fuse to the snap disk number three. I have power to one wire but not the other wire. Manual says there is a reset on the disk but I can’t find it. I have no power to any other disks either.
Please help I am lost now

Reset should be a lil red button in between the 2 connections, center of the disc

Attachments

• 8E3163DA-E19E-4742-A314-972851B921F8.jpeg
    8E3163DA-E19E-4742-A314-972851B921F8.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 156
no it has no button and it looks like its been changed and either the wrong one or an auto reset. either way i would replace it with the one i posted. did you have power if you take the terminals from that and hook them together?

no it has no button and it looks like its been changed and either the wrong one or an auto reset. either way i would replace it with the one i posted. did you have power if you take the terminals from that and hook them together?

no power if I do that. I started tracing wires and I got to the vacuum switch I pulled it out and it looks like it exploded? Little pieces in the inside of the housing. That can’t be normal I would assume.Should there be power to the vacuum switch all the time? To both wires?

No thats not normal. The only component that has continuous power is the high limit switch. Vac switch should only have power when the stove has a call for heat. Have you double checked the wiring in the manual to the stove and make sure each diff colored wires go to the right components?

No thats not normal. The only component that has continuous power is the high limit switch. Vac switch should only have power when the stove has a call for heat. Have you double checked the wiring in the manual to the stove and make sure each diff colored wires go to the right components?
I haven’t traced every wire yet but I took pictures as I took them off. I’ll have to double check if they are right. I ordered a new vacuum switch some that one is trashed. Everything I read says 7 amp fuse is that correct? If I use a 7.5 amp fuse would it be harmful?

IF it calls for a 7a don't go higher. You will burn components before the fuse