Another Snowmagedon

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I guess the president is getting boring the last few days, so the hype machine is cranked up for the Northeaster tomorrow. Looks like I am on the predicted fringe but the catch is the weatherfolks keep the maximum number of eyeballs on ads by hyping the difference between various forecast models. I see the price for heating oil is up in my area and the storm means folks are heading to the stores a bit earlier for Christmas shopping so someone is listening to it.

SpaceBus

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2018
Downeast Maine
I guess the president is getting boring the last few days, so the hype machine is cranked up for the Northeaster tomorrow. Looks like I am on the predicted fringe but the catch is the weatherfolks keep the maximum number of eyeballs on ads by hyping the difference between various forecast models. I see the price for heating oil is up in my area and the storm means folks are heading to the stores a bit earlier for Christmas shopping so someone is listening to it.
Locally there are estimates that say 1-3" or 3-6". Definitely a big difference, but I'm thinking it will be closer to 1" here.

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
We are in the one to two foot area

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Yes I did appear to put out potential bait I suppose but its entirely someone else's prerogative to take it and run with it.

Riff

Burning Hunk
Nov 3, 2015
Virginia
Getting mostly sleet here but enough that the kiddos were able to go out and get pulled around on a sled.

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
We currently have 3 or 4" just finished plowing the first time

BigJ273

Feeling the Heat
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
We got our 3rd Nor’easter in a month. All rain. Would have loved snow, instead the back yard is under water. No where for all this water to go. Arizona is looking like a nice retirement spot more and more every day

stoveliker

Feeling the Heat
Nov 17, 2019
Eastern Long Island NY
4" going on and howling here on Easter LI.
This afternoon I heard predictions of 6-12". School closed Thursday, and no virtual learning - old-fashioned snow day here.

Going to find a good sloped sledding spot I guess...

SpaceBus

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2018
Downeast Maine
I was kind of excited to work today, but so far it seems like a bust.

stoveliker

Feeling the Heat
Nov 17, 2019
Eastern Long Island NY
To get the wife out to the hospital (work, no emergency), I just shoveled 7", drifts up to 1 ft (and 1 ft clumps from the snowplow...). Bottom wet and heavy, top icy and crusty. Car was iced over and crusty 4" on top.

Still howling and snowing.

My stacks are still top covered; tarps did not tear on sharp split corners in this high wind - though quite a bit of powder blew in from the sides.

EatenByLimestone

Minister of Fire
I bet we have around 3 feet. Back door is snowed shut. 6 foot fence looks like there's 2 feet left without snow.

• Wow
Reactions: moresnow

DAKSY

Patriot Guard Ride Captain PGRNY R5
Staff member
Had 10-12" when the dogs got me up about 0545.
Nother 3-5" out there & it's gonna keep up until noonish...
Could be 20"+ by the time it ends...

PaulOinMA

Minister of Fire
Oct 20, 2018
MA
Two neighboring towns are reporting 9.3" and 10.1" on the news weather map at 7:30 AM. Going to snow most of the day, too. Easily will be over a foot. I hear a snow blower outside. I'll go out to deal with it when it stops later this afternoon.

Looked outside and someone hit the fire hydrant at the end of our driveway in the cul de sac. Pretty good lean to it from the angle I am viewing it. Most likely a plow backing up to do the end of the street. Called public works and the fire department and left messages. Called police dispatch since I wanted to talk with a person. He said that he'll also call public works.

Attachments

moresnow

Minister of Fire
Jan 13, 2015
Iowa
Two neighboring towns are reporting 9.3" and 10.1" on the news weather map at 7:30 AM. Going to snow most of the day, too. Easily will be over a foot. I hear a snow blower outside. I'll go out to deal with it when it stops later this afternoon.

Looked outside and someone hit the fire hydrant at the end of our driveway in the cul de sac. Pretty good lean to it from the angle I am viewing it. Most likely a plow backing up to do the end of the street. Called public works and the fire department and left messages. Called police dispatch since I wanted to talk with a person. He said that he'll also call public works.
I am surprised you don't have water on the surface yet. Cast doesn't "lean" well:)

PaulOinMA

Minister of Fire
Oct 20, 2018
MA
Yes. Very surprised that it is leaning that much and I don't have a geyser or at least a Beverly Hillbillies "and up through the ground come a bubblin' crude." :)

EatenByLimestone

Minister of Fire
The good thing with all the snow, is even with it 18F out, the furnace won't kick on. I'm pretty sure the cumulative insulation of my roof is R150.

• Haha
Reactions: moresnow

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Binghampton, NY cleared 41", setting a new record. Lots of plowing out to do there.