Another storage question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman

May 21, 2008
NH
Does anyone have the Tarm USA tanks installed for storage? One or two installed? Do they come all ready to use?... or does there need to be welding and so forth? DO they work well when you have two?

Are you talking about the pressure tanks or the non-pressure tanks?

No direct experience w/ either, but my understanding is that the pressure tanks have threaded pipe fittings on them, and just need standard black-iron pipe fitting skills. They are shipped w/o insulation, just the bare metal tank, on the theory that this makes the tank easier to get through doors and such to install. I'm not sure if they come w/ insulation packaged separately for you to install, or if you have to come up w/ your own...

The non-pressure tanks come knocked down on a pallet, you are expected to assemble them in-situ on their final resting place. Far as I know, no welding is needed, it is all bolt together style mechanical assembly. You then get a heat exchange coil or coils (depending on your setup) that again have threaded connections to attach to the plumbing...

Gooserider

You could talk directly to Bioheat. Their sales or technical people have always been helpful and not pushy whenever I have wanted answers.
When I asked a couple questions that the person on the phone wasn't sure of the answer to, they got one of the tech guys on to make sure I didn't get the wrong answer. Very helpful people.

look for cast iron radiators one thats bout 36 x48 holds about 10 gallons i installed three in series only comes on warm days lot less money plus who wants a thing lookes like tent or swimming pool in your house

Status
Not open for further replies.