Any Boston Bruin fans?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianN

Feeling the Heat
Aug 30, 2012
Central BC
Just curious. When I moved to Calgary in 2000 I became a fan of the Flames, and, with the other million or so residents of Calgary, became a fan of Jarome Iginla. It was definitely sad to see him get traded last year after 16 years of being the face of the Flames, but, to his credit, he deserves a chance to hoist the cup. And, it won't happen in Calgary any time soon.
Now, last year at trade deadline, Boston was trying to acquire him, and, so were the Pens. I'm not to sure of the details, but, he ended up in Pittsburgh. My thoughts, good for him. He will do great there. Good team, great players. Well, after being swept by Boston, and the season was over, I now see that he is traded to Boston.
Now, I wonder how he will be treated in Boston. I know the first game in Boston, Boston and Pittsburgh, there was some booing.
Any thoughts?

There was a lot of backlash against him- and mayyybe rightly so. He's a premium player, and had a choice where to go- it seemed like it was almost a done deal to come to the B's (at least the way that Boston media told it). So, when he went to the Pens, it was seen as a snub. It was also something to root against, in addition to that whiney DB- Crosby. Not that Boston fans like to get fired up for a playoff or anything.

Bruins fans will see his value and learn to love him pretty quickly. We're bitter, but fickle. He's an asset that they can use with their recent big trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.