Any Branson 2515 owners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don't know, I did still be a little hesitant. Ask the current owners of Cabela's and Bobcat v1 branded tractors and see what they have to say.
Bobcat branded tractors are built by kioti

Reactions: SpaceBus
Bobcat branded tractors are built by kioti
Correct, but all of the parts probably aren't interchangeable between a Bobcat v1 and Kioti tractor. That goes back to the dealer comments, who do you think is going to be around 20 years from now.

Reactions: duramaxman05
Anyone have first hand input on the Branson 2515 tractors? I'm not ready to purchase a new one, but have been casually shopping around for a newer tractor. I would love something in the 30-40 hp range but can't justify spending 20k for a used one.
These 25 HP tractors are advertised as being DPF free. To me that would be significant, but maybe I'm ignorant.
Just how capable is a tractor of this size with only 25hp? It's advertised as weighing in at 3,000 lbs without the loader. Would it always feel sluggish?
My main needs are something that can lift at least 1250 lbs, large enough to tug some logs, run a brush cutter etc. I've got ready access to larger tractors for any real ag work like plowing, etc. 80% of my needs could probably be met with a smaller tractor than the 2515 in reality.
If I would buy anything this year it would need to be under 15k. I would prefer hydrostatic, but would consider shuttle shift. I really like the specs on the bransons but am open to other brands.
If you're still interested, yes, yes I do. I've owned a 2515H for over a year now.

Sure is DPF free as are all 25HP and below diesels. No news here.

In the end, after hydraulic upgrades, and a few attachments, the higher interest rate, and the mandatory accident insurance, I could have, and should have purchased a green or orange tractor package at the same price. The advertised savings of going Branson are smoke and mirrors.

Then there is the dealer. Mine has proven to be inept and unresponsive, but the only other dealer in the area is 157 miles away. I've got 3 each green and orange tractor dealers within 50 miles.

Then there's Branson corporate itself. You can't get a service manual, or IPL, or parts catalog. These are dealer secrets. And parts costs are triple what a green or orange tractor might be.

Oh, and parts are a problem too. I've been waiting 3 months now on some parts.

How does the Branson perform? Well, a 25 HP engine in a 3000+ lb tractor isn't much. The tractor does alright in low range, but struggles to run a 5' brush hog on level ground in mid range. It won't even move itself into my dump trailer in mid range. High range is a joke. The tractor with only the FEL attached will not even propel itself up a 5% grade at full throttle. The backhoe is capable, but this tractor is too light to do any serious digging - the hoe moves the tractor, not the dirt.

And the mighty FEL. Sure, maybe on flat pavement, it will lift 2,000 lbs, but then what do you do when you want to move? This is a narrow track, short wheelbase machine and will want to tip and roll if you get on uneven terrain with much in that bucket. My 400lb box blade on the rear isn't nearly enough for most of what I do.

As far as it not being overly computerized, this is a good thing in some people's opinion. While the green and orange tractors may require some specialized equipment to service, both have 7 year warranties, and many of their dealers will sell you prepaid maintenance plans.

I've read rumors that (after warranty is up) the Branson can be modded to 30HP or even more. No idea of the veracity of that claim.

If you're a homeowner/hobby farmer, just bite the bullet and go green or orange.

Last edited:
Reactions: sloeffle
If you're still interested, yes, yes I do. I've owned a 2515H for over a year now.

In the end, after hydraulic upgrades, and a few attachments, the higher interest rate, and the mandatory accident insurance, I could have, and should have purchased a green or orange tractor package at the same price. The advertised savings of going Branson are smoke and mirrors.

Then there is the dealer. Mine has proven to be inept and unresponsive, but the only other dealer in the area is 157 miles away. I've got 3 each green and orange tractor dealers within 50 miles.

Then there's Branson corporate itself. You can't get a service manual, or IPL, or parts catalog. These are dealer secrets. And parts costs are triple what a green or orange tractor might be.

How does the Branson perform? Well, a 25 HP engine in a 3000+ lb tractor isn't much. The tractor does alright in low range, but struggles to run a 5' brush hog on level ground in mid range. It won't even move itself into my dump trailer in mid range. High range is a joke. The tractor with only the FEL attached will not even propel itself up a 5% grade at full throttle. The backhoe is capable, but this tractor is too light to do any serious digging - the hoe moves the tractor, not the dirt.

And the mighty FEL. Sure, maybe on flat pavement, it will lift 2,000 lbs, but then what do you do when you want to move? This is a narrow track, short wheelbase machine and will want to tip and roll if you get on uneven terrain with much in that bucket. My 400lb box blade on the rear isn't nearly enough for most of what I do.

As far as it not being overly computerized, this is a good thing in some people's opinion. While the green and orange tractors may require some specialized equipment to service, both have 7 year warranties, and many of their dealers will sell you prepaid maintenance plans.

I've read rumors that (after warranty is up) the Branson can be modded to 30HP or even more. No idea of the veracity of that claim.

If you're a homeowner/hobby farmer, just bite the bullet and go green or orange.

We went with the john deere 3033r. We looked at about every brand of tractor. For the price we got, it wasn't that much more than other brands. It was built in the USA and deere isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So parts should never be a problem and they hold there value very well. I have seen so many different tractor dealers pop up and dissappear over the years and I didn't want to figure out where to get parts at later on down the road. We also looked a kubota l3560le and was by far my favorite but it was a little to big. The kubota l01 series I am not real fond of. So deere it was. Funny thing was our local kubota dealer is also a new holland and he said they won't push new holland tractors under 60hp because the kubota is better. The new holland and small caseih are made by ls.

Reactions: sloeffle
Realizing that a lot of CUT tractors are classed by HP, I think it's smoke and mirrors. Will a 25hp tractor lift 2000lbs? Certainly. Properly set up and in the correct machine. Is the rest of the machine up to the task? What will the Rams, spindles and frame tolerate? Even a properly geared and set up 25hp tractor can have a tremendous pulling capacity. Look back at some old tractors and you will see that most were very low HP. I suggest that rather than look at HP rating and hope the attached machine will work, that you find a capable machine and the engine will likely be up to the task.

those darn hydrostatic trannies on the newwer units suck up a lot of juice. those old tractors you mention were all clutch operated very little slippage. also not to nice for loader work or other stop and go or back and forth operations.

those darn hydrostatic trannies on the newwer units suck up a lot of juice. those old tractors you mention were all clutch operated very little slippage. also not to nice for loader work or other stop and go or back and forth operations.
Our new tractor is hydrostat and yes, it does suck some power, especially in high range. If you do a lot of high speed traveling, get the highest hp you can in the size tractor you want. Ours is 33hp and any little hill it starts to dog out. But we didn't by it for that. 99% of the time ours is going to be in low or medium. I don't have a problem with power in either one of those ranges. It spins out first. It all depends on what you are going to do with the tractor. Ours is gonna be used primarily as a loader tractor so a hydrstat made since for us.

I have owned my Branson 2515H for 50 hours and about seven months. Purchased from Keno Tractor, ~$21,000 I read with interest Buford's comments. Any 25hp hydrostat will have similar issues on grade in medium or high gear. This tractor works on my 5 acres of sloped terrain and it handles everything I could ask of it in low gear. Runs a bushhog like a beast. The loader capacity on this thing is fantastic. I used it to spread the recycled asphalt delivered by seven double axle dump trucks that were fully loaded ~13 tons each. The 2515 is based on a heavy chassis and you can tell. The tractor has been completely reliable. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Anyone have first hand input on the Branson 2515 tractors? I'm not ready to purchase a new one, but have been casually shopping around for a newer tractor. I would love something in the 30-40 hp range but can't justify spending 20k for a used one.
These 25 HP tractors are advertised as being DPF free. To me that would be significant, but maybe I'm ignorant.
Just how capable is a tractor of this size with only 25hp? It's advertised as weighing in at 3,000 lbs without the loader. Would it always feel sluggish?
My main needs are something that can lift at least 1250 lbs, large enough to tug some logs, run a brush cutter etc. I've got ready access to larger tractors for any real ag work like plowing, etc. 80% of my needs could probably be met with a smaller tractor than the 2515 in reality.
If I would buy anything this year it would need to be under 15k. I would prefer hydrostatic, but would consider shuttle shift. I really like the specs on the bransons but am open to other brands.
I've had my Branson 2515R for about 1 month and so far it has exceded my expectations. Not sure why people are saying it lacks power, it has been pretty impressive. So far it's ran a 5 ft bush hog in heavy grass with power to spare, my neighbor was baling my field and his tractor broke down so we hooked up the branson to the square baler and it will run it faster than the baler can handle, havn't tried his disk mower but think we will hook it up just to see. I moved my 30 ft fifth wheel RV 10,000 lbs had to add some weight to the mower on this one. The loader will pick up way more than the weight of the tractor can handle so needs weight in the back. From what you have said you need it for I think it would be a good fit.