Any clearance requirement for oil fill pipe to pellet stove pipe install?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Baltozmom

Sep 2, 2022
Central NY
We would like to install a pellet stove but the place we want the stove pipe comes out of the house around 12" to left of and then about the same above 12"-16" above the oil fill pipe. We are wondering if there are any regulations on this in central NY state to clearances in this situation with oil pipes... Our sales guy says he had never come across this before and we are trying to find out... The home is small and wood stove is out of question because of short ceiling height and hope to do pellet in that same location before having to decide to change location with a pellet. Thanks for any knowledge!!!

Check the clearance requirements of the exhaust piping. If less than 12" you should be good imo.

But when in doubt, ask your local code inspector.

Reactions: jackman
I'd also check on how close it can be to the oil tank itself. I'm just throwing it out there as I don't know if you have an outside tank or inside tank.

Reactions: stoveliker