Any Jersey boys here??? I saw scores of trees being cut on the GSP exits 120 South to 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyscott

Apr 6, 2009
arkansas
Doubt it's free though. My guess is this stuff is off limits to the scroungers.

Just spent a day & a half at the Jersey shore (Beach Haven). Have not been at the shore in 15 years....Sure was nice, though, even with the sunburn.

Different world from Arkansas!!!!

Yep your right,,,,off limits. It's such a waist, they are actually running it all thru chippers so the state can sell it to the pwer companies. Lots of pine as well as a fair amount of nice oak.

kork's right on.. It all goes to waist..

Hope you enjoyed your stay! Beach haven aint a bad area. It's when ya head north it get's ugly!!

Really? too bad. I do have a feeling that not all of it is going to waste. Those crews that chop that up are all tight with eachother. Its just that level of brotherhood with that type labor.
I'm sure there is some of that coming home to someones yard.

(from being there and done it)

SmokinPiney said:

Hope you enjoyed your stay! Beach haven aint a bad area. It's when ya head north it get's ugly!!
+1

Ha-I was drooling all the way to the shore on 4th of July weekend when I saw that. They're doing a massive widening project which why all of the trees were being cut. I'm sure that somebody's house is going to be nice and warm from all of the wood this winter-it just won't be mine :(

Just scored I think, called a tree service guy on CL free Oak within ten minutes of work. Jeading over at 4:00. It's green but it'll help me get ahead for next year.

kork said:
SmokinPiney said:

+1

Had a great stay in Beach Haven. The ocean was very refreshing. The sun kicked my butt, though. Forgot to put lotion on my feet.

Ahh i know how ya feel! Spent all day on the water yesterday. Looks like im still wearin a shirt when i take mine off. Only it's a red one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.