Any other mobile home pellet users?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedarjunki

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2015
Upstate NY
Just wondering how the pellet stove is working out for you? Are you heating the whole trailer? How are you moving the air? I am finding it hard to move the hot air enough to rely on heating my whole place.

Any pics of your installs?

When it gets real cold you might have to use the main furnace some to keep the water pipes from freezing. Depends on how well the home is skirted and how the home is constructed, In most Mobile homes the water lines are in the area of the main heat duct for this reason.

When it gets real cold you might have to use the main furnace some to keep the water pipes from freezing. Depends on how well the home is skirted and how the home is constructed, In most Mobile homes the water lines are in the area of the main heat duct for this reason.
Im not too worried about the pipes freezing. Oil furnace has been out of service for 3 years now. My main heat has been electric with lp wall heater in the living room. I jumped on a pellet stove deal i couldnt refuse last spring just in time to watch the prices skyrocket and fuel fall out of site. :-/ but i love the heat compared to oil and electric.. its just a matter of figuring out how to move the heat 30 feet

I use an englander 25pdvc in about a 1200 square foot mobile home with an addition. We use the small doorway fans in our bedrooms to move the warm air. It works really well.

I use an englander 25pdvc in about a 1200 square foot mobile home with an addition. We use the small doorway fans in our bedrooms to move the warm air. It works really well.

I have been playing with fans for a couple weeks now.. but cant seem to find the correct placement.. my floorplan is kinda odd to try and move the air anyways but i am determined to figure it out.. my place is only 700sf total so i figured the big 25pdv shouldnt have a problem if anything i figured id have to open a window :-/ but its like day/night diff just walking out of the stove room into the kitchen and then all over again walking farther to the bedroom.. i like it chilly to sleep but the wife isnt to happy

No heat for three years can you re-route the intake to near the stove to pull heat throughout the home?
How about fans on the floor pushing cold air towards the stove, this may have the hot air up by the ceiling move into those rooms.

Bill

No heat for three years can you re-route the intake to near the stove to pull heat throughout the home?
How about fans on the floor pushing cold air towards the stove, this may have the hot air up by the ceiling move into those rooms.

Bill

Unfortunately i cant use the ductwork from the oil furnace.. i filled it with insulation and covered all of the vents as i remodeled... however i did start to play with idea of running a 6 inch insulated duct from the farthest corner to near the stove.. maybe simply using a duct fan booster wired to a switch inside just for circulation from one end to the other.. fans on the floor do work to an extent.. but having 3. 4. Or 5 fans seems pointless. May as well turn on the electric heat on that end?

my home is a modular but it sits on a full foundation with a 24x48 garage underneath, my dining room and living room are one big open room so my stove is in the dining area which is the center of the home with bedrooms on both ends, I have a 2 deg. temp difference from the dining room to the furthest bedrooms.

my home is a modular but it sits on a full foundation with a 24x48 garage underneath, my dining room and living room are one big open room so my stove is in the dining area which is the center of the home with bedrooms on both ends, I have a 2 deg. temp difference from the dining room to the furthest bedrooms.

My stove is a 12x20 living room placed in the far corner (back against 12x14 spare room) blowing towards the opening to the 12x12 kitchen then an 8 foot long hallway passing the bathroom and entering the 12x14 or so bedroom which is on average 10-14 degrees colder than the livingroom. I think i am just expecting the unreasonable and fighting a loosing battle thinking i can move the air enough.. im considering just to say the hell with it and turn the electric on the bedroom. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.