Any Quadra Fire Trekker Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tim M.

Dec 31, 2012
Falmouth, ME
Any owners on the site ??

So very few reviews about this stove out there ..... in the market for an insert, leaning Harman Accentra 52i TC but the Trekker is intriguing ..... except for the utter lack of reviews out there,

Good Afternoon,

Just got one installed today 8 Nov 2021.
I was tossing up between these to and it came down to this one being in stock and my wife liking the looks over the Harmen Accentra 52i.
My buddy recommending the Quadra-fire brand as he's been thru two in different houses.
This one will replace a Quadra-fire woodburning insert, hoping to be able to keep heat in the house all day long without feeding the oil companies.
I will keep you posted on my thoughts as we go through the winter, but keep in mind this is my first pellet stove insert.
Take care and stay safe.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions on it. Did you get the wireless remote version? My understanding is that they were moving away from the Bluetooth because of connectivity problems.

They do not offer the wireless remote anymore, too many connectivity issues.
But I can say I like the wired remote so far, leaving it wired for now to see how it works during the winter.
I did notice the wired remote keeps the temperature within 2 degrees, meaning when set to 68° it comes on at 67° and goes out at 69°.
I'll be watching this to see how it heats the other room where the thermostat for the HVAC is mounted.
The wired remote offers the ability to maintain the temperature range up to six degrees if I remember correctly.

I'll be running this with Truman Pellets this winter to see how well it does.

Cool weather moving in next week so that will give me a chance to get it dialed in some.

They do not offer the wireless remote anymore, too many connectivity issues.
But I can say I like the wired remote so far, leaving it wired for now to see how it works during the winter.
I did notice the wired remote keeps the temperature within 2 degrees, meaning when set to 68° it comes on at 67° and goes out at 69°.
I'll be watching this to see how it heats the other room where the thermostat for the HVAC is mounted.
The wired remote offers the ability to maintain the temperature range up to six degrees if I remember correctly.

I'll be running this with Truman Pellets this winter to see how well it does.

Cool weather moving in next week so that will give me a chance to get it dialed in some.
Miss Truman pellets they were like the old CUBEX pellets. Good luck with the stove how is the purge feature?

I just installed a new 52i and love it. Had a Castile insert for 14 years. I went with the Harman because easier to work
on. the Quad was a PITA pulling that out ever Ton. With the 52i unbuckle and done!

Miss Truman pellets they were like the old CUBEX pellets. Good luck with the stove how is the purge feature?

So far the purge feature works well, clears the burn pot well. Very little ash going into the catch can most of it lands on top beside the burn pot.

What’s the verdict after almost a season of use?
My bias up front I still prefer a wood burning stove to a pellet stove.
My reason for purchasing a pellet stove was ease of operation for my wife during the winter while I was working overseas and the 26% tax write off.
With that said the ease of operation worked well for her and it provided plenty heat to keep the house warm, I have fuel oil as back-up heat and hardly burned any from Nov to the end of Jan.
The amount of pellets used varied and was all dependent on the temperature outside. I averaged from as low as three bags a week to a bag a day. On the coldest days I would fill the hopper in the morning set the temperature gauge to 70° and would fill the hopper before going to bed, needles to say we didn't go outside much on those days.
I did start a thread about the ash pan and ash collection, I couldn't figure out why most of the ash was collecting on the surface around the burn-pot and not in the catch pan. After looking at the design, the fan operation and the purge feature I figured this was an intended design feature. Even with burning a bag a day there was no issue with ash build up.
With that said I do a monthly cleaning on a weekly basic as it only takes a couple more minutes and just helps the unit work more efficient. Plus it should make the annual cleaning even easier, we'll see.

And as stated earlier we decided to get the Trekker because of the looks, turns out it works well.
And as you can tell from the picture my cat likes it as well.

In May I will find out just how much a PIA this annual cleaning thing is.

20211125_182913.jpg

My bias up front I still prefer a wood burning stove to a pellet stove.
My reason for purchasing a pellet stove was ease of operation for my wife during the winter while I was working overseas and the 26% tax write off.
With that said the ease of operation worked well for her and it provided plenty heat to keep the house warm, I have fuel oil as back-up heat and hardly burned any from Nov to the end of Jan.
The amount of pellets used varied and was all dependent on the temperature outside. I averaged from as low as three bags a week to a bag a day. On the coldest days I would fill the hopper in the morning set the temperature gauge to 70° and would fill the hopper before going to bed, needles to say we didn't go outside much on those days.
I did start a thread about the ash pan and ash collection, I couldn't figure out why most of the ash was collecting on the surface around the burn-pot and not in the catch pan. After looking at the design, the fan operation and the purge feature I figured this was an intended design feature. Even with burning a bag a day there was no issue with ash build up.
With that said I do a monthly cleaning on a weekly basic as it only takes a couple more minutes and just helps the unit work more efficient. Plus it should make the annual cleaning even easier, we'll see.

And as stated earlier we decided to get the Trekker because of the looks, turns out it works well.
And as you can tell from the picture my cat likes it as well.

In May I will find out just how much a PIA this annual cleaning thing is.

View attachment 293513
How did the annual cleaning go?

I bought a Trekker insert back in January of 2021. I have the bluetooth version - which I have not had any problems with.

We like the stove, it puts out a lot of heat. Nice and quiet. I vacuum out the ash every 3 or 4 bags of EasyBlaze softwood pellets. I would then clean the glass and also scrape the hard reside off the sides of the burn pot. Then I did a monthly vacuum of the heat exchanger. The manual states to clean out the blower motor every ton. I burned about 2 tons and the blower fan was still very clean. I'm just going to clean that yearly along with the exhaust fan.

My yearly maintenance man said its a good stove. He would know.

If you have any specific questions I will try to answer.