Any scouts out there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right about the Sea Scout thing... not to be confused with the boy scout youth leadership position. We don't have too much active sea scouting around here... seems like we could do a lot with the great lakes.
Rumor has it that there are plans for a ship to be outfitted on the Great Lakes for scout use, advancement and leadership, maybe out of Muskegon, Michigan. Just a rumor. Let's hope it's true.

My Dad was a King Scout, road a bike from Ormstown, Quebec to Washington DC for the first Jamboree, carried the Canadian flag in at the opening ceremonies. I have some photos he took of Roosevelt at the jamboree. My two sons were Eagle Scouts and OA, one was regional OA Chief, if that is the right term (he won the National Eagle Scout College Scholarship of $10,000 a year); both went to a Jamboree at Fort Hill, as did two nephews; four of my nephews, so far, are also Eagle Scouts.

My sons pretty much ran the troop while they were in high school...Quartermaster, PL,SPL, Jr Asst Scoutmaster...They did a lot of hiking, went to scout camp,. went on high adventure treks, one went to Philmont, first on a trek, then years later as trail crew. The other worked at scout camp (Read-Waubeeka)) all summer from 14 on, as did his cousin from Hawaii. They both went through the leadership training programs.

Scouting was a great experience for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.