Anyone burn Dejno brand pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt715

Nov 5, 2008
Wisconsin
A local dealer has Dejno brand hardwood pellets for $215 a ton. I did some looking around and people mention them but don't say really how they like them. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Dejno is a pretty big name in wood products in Wisconsin... no idea how their pellets work however.

Yeah, I think I am going to buy a bag or two and give them a try one of these days.

davester02 said:
Can I have some pellets for $215. I think I would buy them no matter what. Some of the stores around here are charging $350 per pallet

Sure, if you want to come to the midwest. I actually have quite a few different brands I can choose from for under $250 for a 1-1.2 ton skid, and pellet stoves are plentiful around here. On the same token, we don't have the population density here that you do in the northeast and most people here heat with wood because its everywhere and its free if you have the time to collect it.

davester02 said:
Can I have some pellets for $215. I think I would buy them no matter what. Some of the stores around here are charging $350 per pallet

Bulk early buy from my dealer was $165.00 per ton...

davester02 said:
buy early from our dealer was still 238. Hey I may have to get the trailer and make a road trip next year
The guys at Earth Sense are really knowledgeable. They have a HUGE parts department, maybe 10 full time service techs and they bag their own house brand pellets... pretty good operation.

In order to get those good prices you have to join their "buyers club" for $40.00 but it gives you discounts on pellets, parts and other stuff... I had to swallow hard to buy in but it's been worth it for me.

Yeah, thats where I got my stove from, but not the main one. I have been burning some of the Sommerset pellets I got with my stove and they are great and their house brand- Uncle Jed's Cold Remedy seem great too. Once my Sommersets are gone, I'm sure I am going to get a skid of the Uncle Jed's. The only thing I wish is that some of their good techs would educate the tech at my local store- the guy really has very basic knowledge about the products he is working on and I've ended up working on my stove more than he has because he never sees any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.