Anyone burning corn in a Quad CB1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobalt

Aug 5, 2008
Prince Edward Island
With the price of pellete rising I was just wondering if anyone was burning corn in their quads and what was the result re heat output, ash content etc.

Kobalt

would like to know feedback on this as well, my friend and I will be getting the Quad Santa Fe pellet stove and I know the stove is capable of burning corn as well in a mix with pellets 50/50.

I wonder about the price of corn here in the CT area.

I've burned 50/50 corn/pellets in my CB1200. Only about 2 hoppers full though...

I didn't notice any huge differences in ash, clinker, automatic starting, heat output, etc...

Never tried 100% corn because I don't want to lose the ability to auto start... For me it's a big hassle to mix the pellets/corn so I would never do this in large quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.