anyone-ever-fix,a,mechanical-spacebar?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
My-comp---keyboard-that-is.....I-got-mine-back-out-of-the-box.I-bought-it-over-5-yrs.ago....It-is-a-Fentek-with-built-in-trackball.I-lifted-the-large--spacebar-key-off...But....when---I--press-the-little(key-with-a-blue-cross-on-it-not-working)It-was-close-to-$100.It-has.black.letters-with-bright-yellow"printed"keys..."
-----s0-when-I-compress-that-little-PLUS-or-cross-underneath(prob-the-"switch"
.Should-it--work?----Ordoes-that_large-clip-underneath-makes-it-all-work?----I-have-sev-other-keyboards.--one-the-letter-O-and-one-of-the-numbers-does-not-work--but-in-meantime-I-cant-get-tolots-of-my-sites-etc.....
-----I-know-I-need-a-ps2-t-usb-adaptor-to-get-my-older-keyboards-working.But-sure-would-like-this-great-mechanical-spacebar-and-sluggish-trackball-to-work-again.....so-much-easier-on-my-older-eyeballs...LOL
I-watched-lots-of-youtubes---but_I-believe-the-"inside"part-doesn't-work

anyone?

You can buy some really inexpensive computer keyboards these days. Maybe $10 or less. For that it might not be worth the trouble of fixing the one you have. That said, I'd try to unscrew the bottom of the keyboard, if you can, and clean it with a brush and vacuum. Maybe a little compressed air. If it's more than just dirty, I don't think there's a lot you can do.

You can buy some really inexpensive computer keyboards these days. Maybe $10 or less. For that it might not be worth the trouble of fixing the one you have. That said, I'd try to unscrew the bottom of the keyboard, if you can, and clean it with a brush and vacuum. Maybe a little compressed air. If it's more than just dirty, I don't think there's a lot you can do.
Unfortunately Hubby tried using tuner cleaner on it... I asked him to watch some youtubes how t... Duh he didnt
now he says it wont even be recognized .....RAH...
Yeah I found cheap at flea mkt for ONE dollar. but its not mechanicl nor is it large yellow printed keys and NO BUILT in trackball....