anyone got Luxury vinyl tile? or real linoleum ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Sep 23, 2008
ky
like the white Armstrong Alterna D4120... look the best I checked out the colors of l real inoleum but no whites etc...
I dislike dark earth tones....I am going to order some samples. But believe both Armstrong and Mannington have the dimples surface. Im just concerned that it will attract dirt and get down in the dimples. like those textured refrigerator door and handles.and even storm doors ugh... well anyway
Most dealers said very little call for "white" or light colored flooring. I luv the natural stuff like granite, porcelain but concerned with the hard surface in case we slipi n bathroom, and the wear and tear with walking on real hard surfaces our bones ,etc
thanks y'all

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
like the white Armstrong Alterna D4120... look the best I checked out the colors of l real inoleum but no whites etc...
I dislike dark earth tones....I am going to order some samples. But believe both Armstrong and Mannington have the dimples surface. Im just concerned that it will attract dirt and get down in the dimples. like those textured refrigerator door and handles.and even storm doors ugh... well anyway
Most dealers said very little call for "white" or light colored flooring. I luv the natural stuff like granite, porcelain but concerned with the hard surface in case we slipi n bathroom, and the wear and tear with walking on real hard surfaces our bones ,etc
thanks y'all
We have a few projects that we'll use linoleum or vinyl. Would greatly prefer linoleum, as it's made with linseed oil rather than liquified dinosaurs, but the local boxes here have mostly vinyl.

It's warm, soft, easy to install, and cheap. And these days, beautiful stuff. Good luck finding something to your liking.

Agree on the dimpled surface - our kitchen floor is "textured" and it's just a dirt trap/magnet and hard to clean properly.

Reactions: vinny11950
We have a few projects that we'll use linoleum or vinyl. Would greatly prefer linoleum, as it's made with linseed oil rather than liquified dinosaurs, but the local boxes here have mostly vinyl.

It's warm, soft, easy to install, and cheap. And these days, beautiful stuff. Good luck finding something to your liking.

Ed300. what s warm and soft? and cheap? and beautiful ? please explain if you will. THANKS