Anyone have a manual for a Jamestown J1000 ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Al-B

Hey Guys,

Picked up this little guy for my garage.

Ive found many links in the old posts directing to Jamestown site...but it looks like that site is no longer operable.
like this link, I tried in Chrome which blocks it but Firefox goes to a place holder saying site will be up and running soon.

My stove is a manual start, analog controls, re toggle switch, knob and green light above momentry push button on the control board.

I'd like to get my hands on the orig manual as it looks like it may be pretty detailed and discusses detailed trouble shooting at the PCB control board level.

This little stove CRANKS out the heat!!

Thx Al-B

So first question re this Jamestown....

It was up and runnign fine a while back..now when the cord is plugged in a blower is on right away
it used to come on only when ON switch was on....also with on switch thrown on..no auger feed at all

Think maybe a snap switch went?

I know little about your unit, and have no other info than what I gave you. Is the info correct? Your control board look the same? If so, there is some diagnostics in the manual.

I know little about your unit, and have no other info than what I gave you. Is the info correct? Your control board look the same? If so, there is some diagnostics in the manual.
My control board is a little different...mines older..all analog on the small board.

I did find 2 blue wires jumpered together, once I separated them, the blower works correctly and the auger started to feed.

The schematic in the manual you posted shows blue wires going to a 110 snap disk....I cant find any other snaps in the oven? There are two spots to mount snaps against the exhaust.

So if I put a 110 open on Rise against the exhaust manifold, it seems like it may work, as long as I put enough pellets in the burn pot to get it up to temp.

Now, I do not know where it should be mounted, but on most stoves it would be on the back side of the fire box,or close. Look for 1 or 2 small screw holes.

OK, looking at both manuals,I would say you need a NO 110 snap switch, closes on rise.
Agree!...Ive got one and will hook it up tonight.
Odd, there are no perforations on the firebox or heat path out BUT there are two fake snap switch blanks screwed to the plenum below the firebox blower. Looks like the snap switch gets screwed tight against the metal and not thru it. I guess on ignition, any part of that housing would rise above 110 so it should work.

Reactions: Mt Bob