Anyone have any bad quadrafire control boards?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

maraakate

Sep 27, 2021
Lancaster, PA
Looking for bad control boards for quadrafires specifically the 3 and 4 switch varieties to try and map out some schematics with them. Will pay for shipping in the US.

3 speed boxes have at least 4 different revisions. 4 speeds have at least 4 revisions maybe more and the latest have gone to a 3 layer pcb, which has traces in the center that vaporize when they fail so most cannot be repaired. I have a revision 3, 3 speed waiting for it’s turn on the bench and will see what that one looks like.

83A848F0-513A-432F-9CD1-3169648DB48F.jpeg

Didn't realize it had 3 layer, always figured it was just two. If I remember correctly, most of the ICs are just standard logic gates and only one is an actual EEPROM. Mainly interested in seeing if I can get a spare to analyze at work (we do microcontroller programming) since we have access to the equipment to try and back that stuff up and the hardware engineer probably knows more about it than I do.