Anyone live

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Posvibe

Aug 19, 2019
Kentucky wood
I just fired up my whitfield for the first time since purchased. It has been running about an hour now . I have it sitting on the back deck , running it through its paces. The air out the front is not as hot as the exhaust.. this is the best flame I gotten, and after blocking the air inlet. I ha e more heat out the exhaust than the front. Help please

Attachments

• 15672189887952588743833355439343.jpg
    15672189887952588743833355439343.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 99
I just fired up my whitfield for the first time since purchased. It has been running about an hour now . I have it sitting on the back deck , running it through its paces. The air out the front is not as hot as the exhaust.. this is the best flame I gotten, and after blocking the air inlet. I ha e more heat out the exhaust than the front. Help please
Is that a Whitfield Quest? If so there are two passages that are hard to access and clean. The best way to clean these passages is with an electric leave blower.

Disconnect the vacuum hose on the left side of the stove as you face it. Then place the suction side of the leave blower on the exhaust pipe and turn the blower on. The leaf blower will pull lots of ash through the stove. In the process cleaning out the two passageways. Do a search on this website for leaf blower and lazy flame. The lazy flame posting is from me. It details all I went through and what I did to get more heat and a better flame out of my quest.

The quest is a great stove. Easy to keep clean and easy to repair. It is fussy about the pellets it will burn. Our stove is between 25 and 30 years old and still going strong.

Rick

Reactions: Ssyko