anyone make a cattle panel shelter gh rectangular rather tan arched?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
did the arch type one works good for what it is...
I'm thinking maybe taking those taller T posts and cutting the panels 6 ft tall.... put maybe those tall T posts the width of the panels which are approx 50 inches tall.... then rebar from T POSTS TO T posts..to make the roof of the structure say 6 foot wide.....then corresponding T POSTS ON OTHER SIDE....
In other word a rectangular structure rather tan a arched hooped structure.
My hair brained idea is so maybe. I can use some of those big tempered glass panels I bought off of CL around the outsides. instead of short life plastic..
Anyone??? I want to put mt growing bins inside "shelters". like I did for one set last year. using my nice "hail netting" I bought 2 yrs ago from an online greenhouse supplier...
My grow bins are 3 ft tall heavy wire and hdwe cloth circles. lined with landscape fabric... They worked pretty good last yr at other house. ....growing wise that is.. saw idea on the web and "Farm Show magazine"
thanks all