anyone reuse their whole water filters?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
got the ones now on clearance real cheap price. but the ones here on this Ebay say washable

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180916776648?_trksid=p2054502.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g=I180916776648.N36.S2.R1.TR3

The current filters now using sediment filters are"Omni" brand model RS6.......HUbby just changed the 2 ww filters an hour ago. we have 2 filters in 2 diff units in lin...
Hubby waits 3 months in between, changes...The second filter it a "Omnifilter" TO8 a carbon type.
our water is supp to be 108 feet We had it checked when had the pump replaced, and from a 6 gall or so pressure tank to a larger one too.....to a submersible. Cause we didnt know anything about it or how deep. Since owners were deceased and no records kept...
Hubby just bought the unit the guy had on his truck.. I would have preferred on with more bells and whistles.
house was built in the early 1960s.and small town was a whole lot more rural then........
thought yall?
how often yall change yall?
does dry weather versus lots of rain makes a diff in the amt of sediment yours get? we had lots of rain up till 2 weeks or so ago,

Last edited:
I wouldn't re-use mine. They trap and grow a lot of bacteria, so in my opinion, sterilization would be called for.

Would you reuse your car engine oil filter? Probably not, it's a consumable product.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We wash and reuse our first stage fiber filters.
2nd stage filters containing activated carbon are never reused. The carbon is "spent" as it absorbs contaminants.

so semipro would the brand that we currently using ,the Omni model RS6 ,which i believe is pleated polyster be viable to do.
naw prob wouldnt even attempt the 2nd carbon one ?
no one ans how often..??????
. I assume your wtr is also from a deep reserve ?
thanks all

I would try to reuse a pleated polyster filter if it seemed to clean up well.
We do have a deep well and we have a clear filter housing that let's me see the amount of sediment trapped. I service based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.