New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Anyone test out this years Fireside Ultra from HD?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sandpipe

Burning Hunk
Feb 24, 2010
Massachusetts
I"ve had good luck with these in the past. I plan to pickup a few bags in the next day or two to test out but since it's going to be 80 degrees here in Western Mass. today I'm not looking forward to firing up the stove! <lol>

Years ago I named them sleeper pellet of the year, last year tried Green Supreme again, those are by far the hottest, least ash pellets ever sold in a big box store

I tested the Firesides a few days ago and they are very hot for a big box pellet. I didn't finish up the full bag so I wasn't able to weigh the ash to compare to two years ago when a bag yielded 63 grams of ash. I think they are a lot better than the Green Supremes I used all last year. The GS ash was okay but it didn't put out enough heat so I ended up using about 3/4 of a ton more than I normally do.