anyone with gasifier around eastern ohio?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i live south eastern ohio across river from wheeling wv. no boiler yet but all my radiant is in and just finished my plumbing, pumps...... and ready to get boiler this spring/summer. new house and can't wait for boiler just have to decide on which one to buy.

Is your radiant in slab? Do you have it connected to an elctric heater then?
You must be about 45 minutes from me. My wife works in Wheeling at the hospital.

rsnider said:
I just have to decide on which one to buy.

Do tell. What are your main considerations?

i have a forced air electric furnace and heat pump. the boiler will be added for the main heat in winter. boiler will heat dhw, upstair garage,downstair garage and entire basement slabs along with outside patio slab on a separate loop at a later date. along with that forced air in the furnace for the main living area. all of this is installed and ready to go even the plumbing including the pumps and mixing valves and such..... the only thing i will have to do is install boiler and the circulating pump and build the outside building it will be in 15'x26' this will also hold some wood. i have the spot the building will be at ready to go with pex and electric run in the ground to it. i have not built it yet due to not knowing what boiler im getting and if it will fit right or be a pain to get it in the building. i might get the boiler protect it from weather for the week that it might take me to build around it.

im looking at the seton boiler, blue forge, eco, and the garn. i really like the garn but might be to big for me and out of my price range. at this point it could be seton or blue forge. i like all the refractory in the seton but the blue forge is a better gasifire in my opinion. dont know allot of the eco but dont like the custom refractory pieces that i could not reproduce if needed. other than that the eco seems to work for allot of people on the forum.

i live outside of bellaire ohio,what other town is close i would know of.

Maybe you should bike over and look at a couple of Eko's for sale then. Im thinking about horse and buggy myself, hay is cheaper than petrol. Click clock,click clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.