Appalacian Wood Pellets??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
I stopped by a local shop and they had AWP pellets 4.99 a bag 229.00 a ton, he told me he was at some kind of show and the Hearth and Home people said this was the brand they recommend, Link below. Took a picture of the bag but this is easier to post.
http://www.appalachianwoodpellets.com/our-products/

I bought 4 bags, the guy told me he has went through 10 trailer loads this year and has had no complaints, there is not an address or anything on the bag just that it is part of Allegheny Wood Products, made of sawdust and bark from the hardwood mill.

I did a search here but didn't really find anyone saying good or bad, so anyone have any input?

He told me there will be a summer special but he doesn't know what it will be, I will be looking for 3-4 tons for replenishment and he will deliver for 30 buck and I can get the guy up the street to offload with a forklift into my garage, then I just need to use the pallet jack to move them where I want.

Thank you for any input, still looking fro other brands in the area.

I've burned 5 tons of them this winter- I believe they are made near me in Kingwood, WV. I would consider them average. I just bought a ton of Turmans and they burn a lot cleaner, but they aren't as local.

Status
Not open for further replies.