aquastat question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaddog

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2007
Hesperia, Michigan
I just put in an aquastat to control a motorized valve and used what I had. I have three used ones so I thought I was in good shape. Well When I got every thing installed I realized That all of them open on temp rise. Can I just buy a microsw. that will close on temp rise or do I have to use a relay or do I have to get another aquastat? I'm trying to get by cheap but I might have to bite the bullet. I'd rather recycle.
leaddog

Your best bet is an SPDT switched aquastat. I don't know the model numbers offhand, but they go both ways. There are some on Ebay on a regular basis, usually for $10-$20 (new) compared to $60 or $70 retail. You might want to check the Honeywell website (or whatever) for the right model numbers.

The strap-on SPDT switching Honeywell that I use is L6006C 1018.

The only eBay listing I found was for $70.35 (little pricey)

Problem solved. Stopped at my local elect. supply and picked up a new sw for $8.53. It's a SPDT sw. it will work both ways. I was surprised as it was sure it would cost at least $25.
Thanks
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.