New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Are Lowes and HD in a competition to aggravate wood pellet customers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickjohn

Mar 24, 2014
New Hampshire
Price gouging; raising their prices every year until they are now charging a premium price for a mediocre product. Speed bumps forming overnight in the burn pot. Lowes drops the volume discount for buying a ton vs a bag.
Service diminishing; HD delivery wants to drop the load outdoors and refuses to put the pallets inside the garage as they and every other supplier has always done in the past. The driver says it's the new company policy. Lowe's is telling customers who choose to have their pellet purchase delivered that a particular brand cannot be guaranteed.

Last edited:
Price gouging; raising their prices every year until they are now charging a premium price for a mediocre product. Speed bumps forming overnight in the burn pot. Lowes drops the volume discount for buying a ton vs a bag.
Service diminishing; HD delivery wants to drop the load outdoors and refuses to put the pallets inside the garage as they and every other supplier has always done in the past. The driver says it's the new company policy. Lowe's is telling customers who choose to have their pellet purchase delivered that a particular brand cannot be guaranteed.
All the deliveries I've had with lowes or Home Depot they placed pallets inside my garage but it was my responsibility to put them where I wanted them . If your not happy with them don't buy there product send them a message .

All the deliveries I've had with lowes or Home Depot they placed pallets inside my garage but it was my responsibility to put them where I wanted them . If your not happy with them don't buy there product send them a message .
Exactly. The same here. When the deliveryman said this last time he couldn't set them inside the garage I sent him and 5 tons of pellets back to Home Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.