Ash buildup in same spot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcleary47

Feb 21, 2012
Gorham, ME
Hello all,

Running a Greenfire GF55. Noticed that my ash buildup seems to be occuring in the same place over and over again, most notably on top of the right side of the burnpot.

Not sure if this is just a quirky thing with my stove and where the air is dumping the ash or if maybe the airflow isn't enough.

This starts happening after about 20-24 hours.

20130108_065926.jpg

Has it always done this or is this something new? If new, then clean, clean, clean and see if that solves it. If it has always done this then maybe try a small change in the damper setting to see if the ash is pushed futher away from the burnpot. It is tough to tell where the build up is by the pic you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.