Ash Vacuum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
Been using the metal bucket method for years along with a custom sifting rake to keep the coals, I would like to get something to help clean up around the stove for all the ash that drops out.

I was looking at picking up the PowerSmith ash vac on Amazon and wanted to check to see if someone has it already and how it is doing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0060EUA32/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Been using the metal bucket method for years along with a custom sifting rake to keep the coals, I would like to get something to help clean up around the stove for all the ash that drops out.

I was looking at picking up the PowerSmith ash vac on Amazon and wanted to check to see if someone has it already and how it is doing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0060EUA32/?tag=hearthamazon-20

I have one and use it for our pellet stove and ash clean up around the insert, seems to work well. Pretty loud like a shop vac but does the trick. I like the steel hose for vacuuming up "warm ashes".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain't the hose that has a problem but the filter elements, they have to be all metal if not one tiny spark and all that air,bye bye vac.

Reactions: HitzerHillbilly
I have a Cheetah ash vacuum that I won here in a contest. It works well for cleaning up around the hearth and stove, but to be honest it's pretty loud and I don't tend to use it for routine cleaning. I do use it for the yearly cleaning of the stove though.

A niche market exists for what you are looking for. I've been wanting the same thing. Let us know what you end up with.

I'm also curious about your custom sifting rake. Would you mind posting a picture? If you already have, perhaps direction to that post?

I had one for three years and use it almost every reload as my wife neat freak and flush insert spills some ash on a hearth very often. Works fine. Wish it was cordless.

I'm also curious about your custom sifting rake. Would you mind posting a picture? If you already have, perhaps direction to that post?
I made one out of an old metal rake, I simply cut a few of the tines off each side with a grinder so I ended up with the actual rake part about 8" wide. I also cut the wood handle down so it's only like 4' long. I'm not home but I can snap a pic later

I made one out of an old metal rake, I simply cut a few of the tines off each side with a grinder so I ended up with the actual rake part about 8" wide. I also cut the wood handle down so it's only like 4' long. I'm not home but I can snap a pic later
Look forward to seeing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.