Astroflamm Integra Convection Fan Issues

Charlie2019

Nov 16, 2019
Berlin, CT
I have a free standing astroflamm integra pellet stove. 2 years ago I moved to a new home and took my stove with me. It sat in my garage for 2 years until I finally remodeled my basement and now installed it there. Everything works good except the convection fan. It does not respond to a change in speed when I lower or raise the settings on the user control board. The fan is getting a constant voltage between 107 - 108 volts AC regardless of what speed setting it is on. It also seems to be spinning fairly slow for that amount of voltage. For max it should be 95 V +/- 10%. I have another astroflamm intergra insert that works well and I swapped user control boards but the same is still happening on the free standing one. Could it be a faulty main control board or is it a faulty convection fan motor? The convection fan does run on plain 110 V wall AC but seems to spin slow. I guess my next step tommorow is to swap convection fans with my other working integra and see if the issue is the fan or not. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Charlie2019

Nov 16, 2019
Berlin, CT
So I swapped convection fans out from my working integra to test on the freestanding one. Same issue, the convection fan runs with a little higher RPM than the other one but still does not change speeds when I try to raise or lower the speed setting. Should I try replacing the Eprom chip before changing out the entire main board? Thanks.

Charlie2019

Nov 16, 2019
Berlin, CT
so you still need a new control board? or will astroflamm sell just the eprom?
You could find just the eprom online. I was about to replace the whole board but figured I'd take the known good eprom out of my other integra and put it in the board that wasn't working to troubleshoot exactly what's wrong. Glad I did, new boards are about $400 while the chip goes for around $50.

Ssyko

Minister of Fire
Nov 6, 2017
Lorraine NY
that's cool. but it also tells me they know there's an issue somewhere lol. when you get your new one could you pull the sticker off the bad chip and post a picture of the top with the numbers. i curious of the type of chip they use

Charlie2019

Nov 16, 2019
Berlin, CT
that's cool. but it also tells me they know there's an issue somewhere lol. when you get your new one could you pull the sticker off the bad chip and post a picture of the top with the numbers. i curious of the type of chip they use
Sure thing. My chip that went bad has a sticker on it that says "ST V2.5a 960207" so that's eprom version 2.5a. I can post a picture later for more reference. It's not directly from Austroflamm, I had to order one off of ebay. Couldn't find a replacement anywhere else but I guess that's to be expected for a 20 year old stove lol.

Charlie2019

Nov 16, 2019
Berlin, CT
Does anyone happen to know what fuse is needed for the austroflamm integra? The fuse that is on the user control board. I've heard 2.0 amp but I see some that are 3.15 amp online.

Charlie2019

Nov 16, 2019
Berlin, CT
It should be marked on your old fuse. Might need a magnifying glass
Issue is I lost the original a while ago and just put in a random one that fit temporarily. It's about 5 amps. Could be why the eprom chip went bad in the first place had a few power surges at my old place lol. It doesnt say in the manual which amperage to use.