Atlantic stove works

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Briank01390

Feb 8, 2023
Southington ct
I bought a house 18 months ago and I have an old cast iron stove in the basement off to side not hooked up. I never paid attention to it. I decided to get the stove that was hooked up checked to make sure everything was good to go. I brought up that I had the other one in the other room. When the friend saw it he said it was very old I and I may want to get it looked into because it may be rare. it has a plate on it that is hard to read but what i can make out is it says atlantic stove works and has imprinted 1675. Here are two pics, I can take more. Anyone know anything about this?

20230208_175419.jpg20230208_175412.jpg

It's hard to tell without seeing the front but I would guess it's from the 1930s-1950s.

Yes, this was from about that time period or later. Earlier stoves were more ornate. The chalky color on top makes it look like it has been run hot and hard.

This is a Super Fireball model 1675. It looks like a coal stove with a shaker grate at the bottom.

can anyone tell me the model Huntsman stove this might be. Cant seem to find it anywhere. Guess its from Atlantic Stove Company.

old stove.jpg

can anyone tell me the model Huntsman stove this might be. Cant seem to find it anywhere. Guess its from Atlantic Stove Company.

View attachment 311630
I haven't seen that one before. It looks like a later version with a single door and slider air control instead of the vents on the door.