Atmos help please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw

Mar 22, 2009
Central Vermont
I have an Atmos DC 25s it about 3 or 4 years old. The fan is dying. Does anyone know where I can get a new one on short notice? It is 220 Volts and has a transformer to go from 115 to 220

Thank you all.

Outlaw, this isn't much, but you can email [email protected] and ask the factory if they have any American distributers of Atmos parts. That is the customer contact email address off the Atmos site http://www.atmos.cz/english/kotle-001-kotle-na-drevo. Kotly in Poland carries their boilers, if I remember, but that would not be a fast way to get anything, and I'm not even sure they will ship to the states anymore.

I have an Atmos DC 25s it about 3 or 4 years old. The fan is dying. Does anyone know where I can get a new one on short notice? It is 220 Volts and has a transformer to go from 115 to 220
If you mean by dying is that it doesn't like to start and is running slow then getting some lube into it could buy you some time to find a spare. Mine was failing and I managed to wick some lubricant in with a soaked Q-tip. I think it's running better than new now since I can run at a lower fan speed setting to maintain the same stack temperature.

The best lubricant I've found for this sort of thing is Wurth Sabesto HHS 2000, which is a spray-on high temperature grease dissolved in a low viscosity solvent. The solvent penetrates well and then evaporates, leaving behind an adhesive grease.

But if time is of the essence, ATF is always good for what ails ya.

Thank you all.

Their website lists email contacts for spare parts. That would be my first inquiry as an exact matching replacement would be the most promising. I would bet they ship quick also if you ask for that.

The motor should not fail in three years, or ever for high quality, unless unsuitable for the application. It's not clear if you want same or to try to upgrade replacement. If you can discover motor type, mounting standard, nameplate data, Grainger's would be my next inquiry.

http://www.atmos.cz/english/kontakty

I don't know much about this motor but if still runs and is not dead (stopped) it could be lubrication or a starting capacitor.

If its not the cap and oiling doesn't help I'd look into getting a 120 volt replacement and forget the transformer. Once you know the specs would be easy to find a replacement.

I agree with Mike, if you can get a compairable motor in 120V then you can loose the transformer if the motor is all it runs. No 1:2 transformer means one less part in the system to fail when it's below zero out.

TS

That might have been the original 50 cycle motor that they hung a transformer on for the US market.

If thats the case then it was running on 60Hz anyway. 220V 50Hz in Europe, it would have run a bit faster on 60Hz, but otherwise uneffected by the higher frequency.

TS

If thats the case then it was running on 60Hz anyway. 220V 50Hz in Europe, it would have run a bit faster on 60Hz, but otherwise uneffected by the higher frequency.

TS

I'd also look for an off the shelf motor. The horsepower, RPM, rotation direction, shaft dimensions, and temperature rating or class of motor, would be good to match up. You many need to fab a mounting bracket, possibly drill out the blower wheel to a US shaft size.

An ECM type of motor would bring some additional energy savings. Many of the furnaces now a days have ECM blower motor technology, same with the inducer motors used on most boilers and furnaces.

TS
That's right , it would only affect the speed when run at 60Hz. The transformer, if it is a transformer, must have dropped a lead to drop it to 115 volts?

I have my borderline genius buddy (everyone needs a friend like Joe) coming over tomorrow. Pretty sure we will be swapping things over to US parts. FYI I did find parts for the Atmos, in Ireland at Choice Heating Solutions. Shipping would be a killer...

Status
Not open for further replies.