Atv plow advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

There are 3 plows I have my eye on

1. Moose
2.cycle country
3. Warn

I'm looking for a quick conect/disconnect system that wont take away any clearance under the quad, so if I want to ride I can just disconnect and go. Who has what and how do you like it? It looks like the gen II plows are front frame quick connect. I recall zap speaking highly of his moose setup with the added pulley for less strain on the winch cable. Thx guys & gals

I use a cycle country undermount. Not what you are looking for as far as how out connects...but it is well made and has taken a lot of abuse without a failure.

Reactions: WellSeasoned
Moose Plow . . . have had it since 2001 or so and I haven't had to do a thing to it or replace a single part. It is however not a quick disconnect . . . I mean to say I could pull two pins and the plow would come right off, but I do not believe it is like the quick disconnect plows you see today.

You may want to see how many plow systems -- event the quick disconnect -- actually do not result in reduced clearances. Pulling my plow will still result in a base plate mounting system hanging on (unless I take the time to remove the four U-bolts -- eight nuts) . . . this has two "ears" that dangle down 2 inches or so reducing my clearance. Normally this is not an issue . . . unless one is lazy and goes out for an early season ride and ends up getting hung up on the ears while riding in deep ruts. ;)

Warn here. Easy on and off. Two pins to fasten onto atv. Another pin goes through the pulley at the bottom of the plate. Most times it is super easy and quick to put on or take off but a couple times I did cuss a bit when one pin didn't want to go in. Once I found the right word it went in just fine. Only thing to really watch is to not raise the blade too much else you might get the clamp from the cable catching. I broke the cable twice before I wised up. Thankfully that is an easy fix.

If you would like more close up picture I could get that for you; just let me know.

Atv-5.JPG Atv-6.JPG

I have a warn on my polaris ranger. It is pretty heavy duty.

There are 3 plows I have my eye on

1. Moose
2.cycle country
3. Warn

I'm looking for a quick conect/disconnect system that wont take away any clearance under the quad, so if I want to ride I can just disconnect and go. Who has what and how do you like it? It looks like the gen II plows are front frame quick connect. I recall zap speaking highly of his moose setup with the added pulley for less strain on the winch cable. Thx guys & gals
Don't get a plow without the pulley kit if you have cable spooled on your winch, you'll break the cable real quick.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/moose-plow-pulley-kit.102865/#post-1374501

Status
Not open for further replies.